For those of us who live with the daily task of recovering from trauma, there are a few realities that we must authentically acknowledge and even embrace. Post-trauma life can be amazing, but we cannot afford to be in any denial about how our life experiences have changed us and our daily life. Trauma survivors in recovery know the importance of being truthful with ourselves and those around us.
Five realities of living with trauma:
- Some people cannot be in our inner circle.
- Be prepared for extra body pain.
- We rebound slower from everyday stress.
- Tough days will come, but they also fade out.
- We will have a heightened awareness of our surroundings.
To read full article: The Truth of Living with Trauma
While we don’t expect sadness to accompany reaching a milestone in our growth, it’s a common experience. Once we’ve tasted the goodness of restoration in an area of life, we kick ourselves for not having made the changes sooner. In order to fully enjoy our growth, we must address this new grief.
To keep reading, visit The Grief that Comes with Growth