For those of us who live with the daily task of recovering from trauma, there are a few realities that we must authentically acknowledge and even embrace. Post-trauma life can be amazing, but we cannot afford to be in any denial about how our life experiences have changed us and our daily life. Trauma survivors in recovery know the importance of being truthful with ourselves and those around us.
Five realities of living with trauma:
- Some people cannot be in our inner circle.
- Be prepared for extra body pain.
- We rebound slower from everyday stress.
- Tough days will come, but they also fade out.
- We will have a heightened awareness of our surroundings.
To read full article: The Truth of Living with Trauma